[Qgis-user] QGIS fixed distance buffer.

Hugo Fox dejahug at outlook.com.au
Tue May 5 00:57:44 PDT 2015

Hi guys I'm using version 2.8.1 and having real issues getting my fixed distance buffer layers to display.

I have instances where the buffer displays correctly and others where it doesn't display the buffer at all. In each case I am doing the same procedure. I am trying to create a fixed distance buffer inside a polygon.

The task I am trying to do is create a 30m or 50m setback from a property boundary.

1. I am loading the cadastre
2. Turning on edit
3. Selecting a polygon
4. Creating a fixed distance buffer with a negative value inside the QGIS geoalgorithms/ fixed distance buffer

As stated in some instances it displays in others it doesn't. Does a polygon have to have any specific attributes to make this work?

Help!!!!

Cheers Hugo

Sent from my iPhone