[Qgis-user] VIIRS geolocation data

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Fri May 8 14:01:25 PDT 2015

Hi,
Welcome to QGIS!

You will probably enjoy the semi-Automatic Classification Plugin then!
You can also look at Opticks
http://opticks.org/confluence/display/opticks/Welcome+To+Opticks

I have not used the VIIRS data but have you tried using the GDAL
Georeferencer plugin?  If you have coordinates of all 4 corners, it
should be easy to do.  Be careful of the chosen algorithm unless you
don't mind changing the data.

Also, you can try using a world file if you first export it to a .tiff
(Raster/conversion/Translate)

This is was a test.tiffw wold file looks like.  It would georeference
test.tiff if found in the same directory.
0.00185013204225353
0
0
-0.00185013204225353