[Qgis-user] Print composer/Atlas

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 02:28:32 PST 2015

Hello Kaare,

As far as I know, the answer is no. Atlas won't split (or union) features
for you. So probably you would have to deal with two atlas projects, one to
create the onwers resume page. And other to create the individual parcels
by owner, by converting the multipolygons into polygons.

Postgis may be handy in this case.

Also, if you choose descritive names for your output files, maybe you can
make a script to join the owners page with the indivual pages.

Alexandre Neto

Kåre Mølgaard Rasmussen <Kare.Molgaard.Rasmussen at randers.dk> escreveu no
dia sex, 20/11/2015 às 12:35:

> Hi QGIS-Users
>

> We´re currently trying to use the Atlas function for the following purpose:
>
> We want to create a PDF-letter containing some standard text and one/more
> map(s) for each of the parcels, that a specific owner has.
>
> At this point we have a shapefile containing the owners (one record pr
> owner with the parcels as a multipolygon).
>
> Now we want the Atlas function to create the letter with each parcel on a
> separate page.
>
> If an owner has three parcels he/she would receive a letter containing 4
> pages – first page with some text and the following three with maps of each
> of the parcels
>

> The question is: Is the possible?
>
> Can the Atlas function dissolve (not sure if dissolve is the right word to
> use) a multipolygon into separated polygons and create a map for each?
>

> Any comments and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated
>
> Regards
>
> Kaare

Alexandre Neto
http://gisunchained.wordpress.com