[Qgis-user] Numpy Version **Solved**

h hdixon at bigpond.net.au
Fri Aug 19 17:49:24 PDT 2016

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 06:44:17 +1000
h <hdixon at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 07:50:13 -0700 (PDT)
> Nicolas Cadieux <nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I cannot answer your question directly but u can offer my grain of
> > salt.  Generally, the correct version of numpy should be
> > Installed with Qgis. However, if you have an other version of Python
> > installed on your machine (like Anaconda), the plugins and Qgis
> > could look at that if the Linux environment considers that second
> > install as the main default Python package.  Make sure this is
> > not an environment variable thing. As this is Linux, I have limited
> > experience with this problem but I have seen it in Windows. Hope
> > this help! Nicolas On Aug 8, 2016 3:34 AM, "h [via
> > OSGeo.org]" <ml-node+s1560n5279854h35 at n6.nabble.com>
> > wrote:

--snip--

> > 	Hi,
> > I am running 'latest and greatest' opensuse linux, and the
> > related packages, including QGIS 2.16.1, on a x64 machine.
> > I am having trouble with some plugins (profile tool being the one I
> > care about today) but I get the following error quite frequently:
> > RuntimeError: module compiled against API version 0xa but this
> > version of numpy is 0x9
> > I have opened a python shell, and "Print(numpy.__version)"
> > gives me 1.8.0.  I believe this is the current version distributed
> > with OpenSuse.  I also believe the current version of numpy is
> > 1.11.1. Can someone explain what numpy versions of 0xa and 0x9 in
> > the qgis error message mean? (hex values of decimal 10 and 9, I
> > know but how this relates to my version of 1.8.0 I don't know)
> > Should I 'just' install the latest version of numpy from
> > http://www.numpy.org/  or are there some 'gotchas' I should
> > be careful of...
> > With thanks

I did an 'in accordance with numpy website' install of the latest
version of numpy, and installed it in my home directory so as not
overwrite the system installation.  As I am not a python developer I
had to install build dependencies (the 'cython' and
'python-setuptools' packages) to get the build to work.

It all now works, so I am happy :)
works