[Qgis-user] "live" openstreetmap data in qgis

Robin Paulson robin at bumblepuppy.org
Wed Aug 31 15:06:30 PDT 2016

On 2016-09-01 10:04, Robin Paulson wrote:
> On 2016-08-29 04:24, Etienne Trimaille wrote:
>> You have to set up a database with the OSM diff to get an up to date
>> OSM database. Then you can add your PostGIS layers in QGIS.
>>
>> You can have a look to this docker project :
>> https://github.com/kartoza/docker-osm [2]
>> These OSM layers are updated every two minutes by default, and you can
>> see these layers in QGIS.

that's excellent, i'll take a look at that, cheers.

in answer to the original question of use case:
i and others are continually adding data to osm in a particular area
which interests us, and using that data in our qgis project. we wish
to keep track of that data and how it relates to other (non-osm) data
in our qgis project. we have found it is easiest to visualise this
within the qgis project.

--
robin