[Qgis-user] Gesucht: Übersetzer der aktuellenQGIS-Dokumentation

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jun 1 01:57:24 PDT 2016

Hi Harrissou,

There was this idea that the global project should organize/work
on/finance the central english version of the documentation and that the
local user groups organize the translations. I think this division of
labor/ressources makes sense. In addition, there are the "privileged"
english speaking QGIS users (UK, US, AUS, SA) who don't have to care
about translations of the manual. They can also help in the central
english effort - so to keep ressources aside for the non-english
speaking user groups to organize the translations.

I happen to be the global QGIS treasurer as well - so I can tell that
financial ressources are available at QGIS.ORG to fund someone to
concentrate on working on the english central manual. You just have to
ask. Otto is the contact to organize this. He also knows about the
available financial ressources. So if you have some ideas or know
someone skilled who wants to work on documentation of the central
english version, please organize with Otto and we can help finance it.
Note that the Swiss and german QGIS user groups are also co-funding
QGIS.ORG - so we already contribute our financial shares to the global
project.

Hope this explains why Thomas and I want to reserve the funds of the
german/Swiss user group for translation.

Andreas