[Qgis-user] Fwd: Access ArcGIS Rest Services in QGIS

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 20:49:37 PDT 2016

On 14 Jun 2016 12:25 PM, "Rob Stewart" <rstewart at hydrologyandwater.com.au>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My local council has free online GIS information in the form of an
'ArcGIS Rest Service'.  It contains various data types including vectors
(contours), rasters (aerial imagery) and LiDAR DEMs.  The PDF file here has
details on how to access from the web or from ArcGIS but I'm hoping it will
be possible to acces all this data from QGIS (latest desktop version
2.14.3-essen).  I tried plugin: 'ArcGIS REST API Connector' but did not
have any luck.

> Can anyone assist?

QGIS 2.16 beta has support for these layers. Testing and feedback would be
greatly appreciated before the 2.16 release at the end of the month!

Nyall