[Qgis-user] Freezing in editing mode

McDonaldR McDonaldR at angus.gov.uk
Thu Mar 17 03:24:05 PDT 2016

Hello,

We were having the same problems and moved quickly from Pisa (2.10) to Essen (2.14).  We also recreated our problem project from scratch in Essen and the problem disappeared.  The fix to improve the indexing on starting editing definitely improves things.
In our problem project the “freezing” while the index was built sometimes took 45 minutes to complete.  I can’t say for sure where the problem lies but the project was originally created in 2.4 and then used and saved in 2.6, 2.6.1, 2.8.1 – 7, 2.10 and 2.12. Maybe something was left in the project file from an older version of QGIS?  The move to 2.14 definitely fixed the problem though.

This was the issue report: http://hub.qgis.org/issues/12578

Ross