[Qgis-user] Crayfish plugin OSError: libproj.so.0

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue May 10 20:05:48 PDT 2016

Hi Alexandre

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 6:02 PM, Alexandre Neto <senhor.neto at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using it straight from the plugins repository.
>
> Creating the link worked but now it misses another library libhdf5.so.7
>
> There is something fishy in my installation. Not sure if it's a crayfish
> problem, neither a ubuntu 15.10 one. maybe I have some mixed dependencies or
> something.
>
> It works fine in Ubuntu 14.04 with QGIS 2.14

The precompiled Crayfish binaries are done on Ubuntu 14.04 and with
the package changes in Ubuntu >= 15.10 the binaries do not work there.
I have filed a bug report to fix the problem:
https://github.com/lutraconsulting/qgis-crayfish-plugin/issues/187

In the meanwhile you should be able to compile the support library
yourself, see the instructions:
https://github.com/lutraconsulting/qgis-crayfish-plugin/blob/master/README.md

Cheers
Martin