[Qgis-user] Very slow getCapabilities with materialized view

Nicolas Boisteault boisteault at observatoire-environnement.org
Wed May 25 07:45:42 PDT 2016

QGIS Server 2.8.9; PostgreSQL 9.3.13; PostGIS 2.1.8, PGAdmin 1.22.1

Hi,

I have a project I use with QGIS Server which has about 40 PostGIS
layers and some of them are queries on a materialized view.

A getCapabilities query timeout after 10 minutes. I looked at postgreSQL
log and saw that QGIS make this query :

"SELECT st_extent("the_geom") FROM (/myquery/) AS "subQuery_0"

which needs to run completely my slow query to get the extent.

I've used "estimatedmetadata=true" so I think this is not the correct
behaviour and statistics should be used.

Now when I look statistics for my view in pgadmin, a message says that
'there is no statistics for the selected object'.
I ran an ANALYSE of my view but that changes nothing.

So I have several questions :
- First, is there a way to tell QGIS Server to use the project extent
for every layer to avoid st_extent on every queries and speed up
getCapabilities?
- Are pgSQL statistics available on materialized view? If yes, are
statistics used by QGIS on view?

Thanks for your help!

--
Nicolas BOISTEAULT