[Qgis-user] Very slow getCapabilities with materialized view

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Thu May 26 03:50:10 PDT 2016

-- I post this again since I had trouble posting from nabble ---

Hi Nicolas,
we faced the very same issue here.
A lot of improvements have been done in qgis server 2.14.2, those queries
are now not reevaluated at each tile, but only on project load.

I didn't dig too much on materialized views since we use  mostly views, that
should be fast, except for estimated extent.

Reading extent from project properties and not data has been discussed on
dev list here  [0] and is an acceptable solution.

If you are available for sharing costs of such a new feature, we already
wanted to have it done. Mail me in private about it.

[0]
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Server-performance-questions-tp5252233.html

Cheers
Régis