[Qgis-user] [QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3 Print Composer - Page Properties

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 02:56:29 PDT 2018

Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> escreveu no dia terça, 3/04/2018 às
05:16:

> On 3 April 2018 at 07:06, Carlo A. Bertelli (Charta s.r.l.)
>
> I've thought long on this. I'm reasonably convinced it's a short-term
> issue as people adjust there 2.x workflows to 3.0.

Although this is true, I still think it is not very intuitive for newcomers.

> There's two approaches I can see working to mitigate it:
>
> 1. Add a "pages panel", which allows you to pick from existing pages
> (e.g. via a drop-down combo box) and then set the properties for that
> page. It could also have the actions for adding new pages and deleting
> existing pages there too.

This would be the way I prefer, or include that same "widgetery" in the
layout properties. The "current" page could update based on the portion of
layout that is visible, as already happens for the grids panel.

> and/or
>
> 2. Add a "new layout wizard", which shows when you create a new print
> layout. This would prompt users to set the page size before the layout
> is actually created. It could potentially replace the existing layout
> manager approach to creating layouts from a template, e.g. by showing
> a nice list of available templates via thumbnail graphics.

I love the idea of having a list of available templates with some
thumbnails. But it won't fix the issue of not being trivial to see a pages
properties once te layout is created.

> Unfortunately both approaches aren't trivial, and would require some
> hours to implement.

"Small" crowdfunding? :)

> Nyall

> > On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 10:01 PM, Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> The reason for this change is that your can now have different settings
> >> for each page.
> >>
> >> The page size is not a property of the layout anymore but it's a
> property
> >> of the page.
> >>
> >> But I agree that the page properties might be better exposed.

> was
> layout. In

> > --

> > Carlo A. Bertelli
> >    Charta servizi e sistemi per il territorio e la storia ambientale srl
> >           Dipendenze del palazzo Doria,
> >           vc. alla Chiesa della Maddalena 9/2 16124      Genova (Italy)
> >           tel./fax +39(0)10 2475439  +39 0108566195
> <+39%20010%20856%206195>  mobile:+39 393 1590711 <+39%20393%20159%200711>
> >    e-mail: bertelli at chartasrl.eu      http://www.chartasrl.eu

Alexandre Neto
@AlexNetoGeo
http://sigsemgrilhetas.wordpress.com