[Qgis-user] no python console in QGIS 3 Ubuntu 17.10

Reginald Reginald.Carlier at ingelmunster.be
Sat Apr 14 02:30:46 PDT 2018

Hi,

An update of the situation:

First I was using:

deb https://qgis.org/debian-nightly-release artful

resulted in : installation of qgis without python support

Then I did following command :

sudo apt-get purge --auto-remove qgis

which should remove qgis completely
Strange:
In synaptic I saw that there were several packages with qgis in their name
--> removed them

next I put this in sources.list:

deb     https://qgis.org/debian jessie main
deb-src https://qgis.org/debian jessie main

result: a lot of packages that can't be installed because of broken packages
In synaptic I see no broken packages
rebooted into recovery --> fix broken packages : nothing to fix

changed sources.list:

deb     https://qgis.org/debian artful main
deb-src https://qgis.org/debian artful main

result : qgis gets installed without python support

changed sources.list:

deb     https://qgis.org/ubuntugis artful main
deb-src https://qgis.org/ubuntugis artful main

Fout:6 http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu artful
Release
  404  Not Found

Fout:10 https://qgis.org/ubuntugis artful Release
  404  Not Found [IP: 2400:cb00:2048:1::681b:8adc 443]

It seems that the release file is not installed in this repo.

How can I install qgis with python support?

Regards,