[Qgis-user] QGIS Saving TAB as SHP

Philip Barlow philipb at pembrokeshirecoast.org.uk
Thu Apr 19 08:11:48 PDT 2018

Afternoon Richard,

Would a model suffice?

Phil

From: Qgis-user [mailto:qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Richard McDonnell
Sent: 19 April 2018 15:06
To: qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org
Cc: Ian Hand
Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] QGIS Saving TAB as SHP

Afternoon all,
I have a slight issue, there are a number of MapInfo Tab Files which we want to convert to Shapefile, but they do not convert correctly.
The issue arises with Rings/Holes in the Polygons, when you save the TAB file as a shapefile, some of them are not displaying correct, they overlay the hole as another polygon.
The issue seems to be related to the direction the hole was digitised/generated to. The issue can also be replicated outside of QGIS by running ogr2ogr, so it seems to be a GDAL/OGR ESRI Shapefile Driver issue.
Now in saying all that, QGIS 3 seems to be able to fix the issue by running, Fix geometries  from the Processing Toolbox.
My question is, Is there a way to fix the OGR Driver to fix the issue, or a tick box under Save Vector Layer as... to run/implament the Fix geometries tool as part of the save process?
This is an issue, which pops up regularly online, with no solution to date.
Regards & Thanks in advance.

Richard McDonnell

[http://www.opw.ie/en/media/opw-logo-december-2016.gif]<http://www.opw.ie/>

Email Disclaimer: http://www.opw.ie/en/disclaimer/