[Qgis-user] ERDAS ECW/JPEG2000 SDK

Dave Pepper pepdave at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 03:19:23 PDT 2018

Hi
After reading QGIS user archive here and
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/124794/installing-qgis-with-ecw-support-on-mac
I see that this problem of reading ecw files in QGIS has some history.

My latest attempt was to reinstall GDAL_Framework-2.1.3-1 and
GDAL-ECW_Plugin-2.1.3-1
from here http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks#gdal_complete
and I added the library "libNCSEcw.dylib" to GDAL 2.1 Libraries folder from
ERDAS ECW/JPEG2000 SDK 5.4 rather than 5.3
I figured that the library file probably didn't change between 5.3 and 5.4
versions.

I even restarted my Mac OS X 10.11.6
restarted QGIS 2.18
opened a new project and tried to load my raster file in .ecw format
ERROR: Unsupported Data Source: /Users/s432198/Dropbox/Mudgee veg/abc1.ecw
is not a supported raster data source

This should work so I must be doing something wrong?

Dave