[Qgis-user] clipping csv data to shapefile

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 00:10:39 PDT 2018

In that case, your Europe shape was not well projected. Setting the CRS at
the project is not enough.

Set it back to the original CRS, then use the save as tool on the layer to
reproject to WGS84.

If you are in QGIS 3, I think you no longer need to use the same CRS on
both layers.

A ter, 27/03/2018, 07:54, Steve Research <stevesteveresearch at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Thanks Alexandre,
>
> I have tried that but it is odd. I have plant world distribution data (lat
> and long) in a csv which I have as a WGS84 vector layer. I have a European
> shp file which is converted to WGS84. If I clip the world data layer to the
> Europe shp I end up with a new, but blank, vector layer.
>
> Cheers
> Steve
>

> On 26 Mar 2018, at 22:25, Alexandre Neto <senhor.neto at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Steve,
>
> In the processing toolbox search for clip.
>
> set the csv as the input layer, and the world ?countries? shapefile as
> clip layer.
>
> Hope it helps
>
> Steve Research <stevesteveresearch at gmail.com> escreveu no dia segunda,
> 26/03/2018 às 21:31:
>
>> I have some plants distribution data (from GBIF) in CSV format.
>>
>> I added this to my world map shapefile (Layer\Add Layer\Add Delimited
>> Text layer).
>>
>> Some records are outside of the coastline.
>>
>> How can I clip this CSV data to the coastline?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Steve
>
> --
> Alexandre Neto