[Qgis-user] colorramp starting from white

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Mon Jun 15 21:41:01 PDT 2020

Hi Anita, Harrissou,

Yes, this is what I mean. I think the intermediate colors (stops) make
the ramp more beautiful, cause this way you can adjust the hue,
saturation and value in curved ways along the ramp, instead of doing
linear interpolation between 2 colors. I also figured out that "our"
single color ramps  (Greens, Reds, ..) exactly match the colorbrewer scheme.

But maybe having only 1 value in the middle and doing something
"spliney" would work? Or a feature that strips the first class, as Anita
suggested?

Another easy option, we also have color ramps called RdBu. Maybe have
WhRd (for White-Red?) and Rd (for Pink-Red)?

Looking at all the color ramps now, I realize that almost all contain
white (or black). The single colored ramps start from white and the
double colored have white in the middle.

Raymond