[Qgis-user] Exporting a GeoPDF through Map Layout outputs a larger page size format

a.carels alexander.carels.ext at proximus.com
Wed Jun 17 00:57:40 PDT 2020

I'm trying to export a GeoPDF from a map layout in the A1 format but upon
checking the file it outputs a way larger page size than my settings. When
trying to print the file it refuses because the page size is too big for our
plotter. <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t386644/set1.png> I
expect to have a page size of 841mm x 594mm (A1) but my PDF is 3546mm x
2517mm. <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t386644/set3.png> Reducing
the DPI from 300 to 150 also reduces page size by half (1773mm x 1259mm) but
I start losing detailed information of my map.
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t386644/set2.png> I have tried
several settings but can't find the reason why the page size output is so
large.Is this related to it being a GeoPDF or is there a setting to make
sure the page size stays within a certain size.