[Qgis-user] Attributes name in chinese instead of french

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Mon Mar 16 06:03:52 PDT 2020

Hi,

Google QGIS and character encoding.  You can set QGIS to override or change the character encode of some file formats like shapefiles.  It gets complicated, if not impossible if the files has been shared between multiple time between two computers with different settings and did not notice the change during use.  For something like English to Chinese, it’s easily noticeable so probably easier to fix.  You probably just need to open the file and ask to change the character encoding once.

Nicolas Cadieux