[Qgis-user] [QGIS-Developer] Questions of a newbie starting with QGIS Server

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 02:57:52 PDT 2022

Hi Richard,

Le mer. 20 avr. 2022 à 20:23, Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net> a
écrit :

> Hi Harrissou,
>
> I think your pretty close :-)
>
> Some remarks from the times I installed on Windows:
> - I used a vanilla apache installer from https://www.apachelounge.com/
> - indeed used the httpd.conf from osgeo4w to set all paths and env vars,
> VERY convenient
> - are you sure the Qt vs qt is an issue? Thought Windows paths were not
> case sensitive?
>
> Probably not an issue, indeed. I must admit I didn't test, I "fixed" rigth
away. I also had mitigated my "issue" comment in an updated version of the
mail but I think I lost the changes while switching between firefox(gmail),
thunderbird, k9-mail, on various machines.

> The GDAL_DATA path you will need when you use for example the ECW or other
> drivers
> QGIS_AUTH_DB_DIR_PATH is maybe only needed when you have a project which
> uses authentication profiles? Others?
>
> So it could make sense to have them added to the default httpd_qgis.conf
file...?

> When you have a WMS/WFS server running normally you do not have a web app
> yet.
> You either use the WMS of WFS as datasource in QGIS (or other clients)
> or you use OpenLayer/Leaflet to create an app in a browser using
> javascript.
>
> Ah OK... new world to discover but not enough time... I think I will first
try the other suggested options (oapif, catalog, server development) and
let you know.

Greetings,
Thanks.
Harrissou

Alessandro also created a landing page for WFS3/OGC API: