[Qgis-user] QGIS and geopackages in sharepoint environement

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 10:49:03 PDT 2022

Guido and list,

On Fri, Aug 5, 2022 at 6:35 AM Guido Häfliger via Qgis-user <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hello
>

> We are discussing in our company to switch from local fileserver/NAS to
> Sharepoint (hosted in cloud). Will QGIS-projects and geopackages work on
> sharepoint environment or do we have to expect a lot of troubles? Have
> anybody experience with QGIS and geopackages on sharepoint? Will we
> encounter problems if geopackages are opened by several users?

I can't speak to the use of QGIS with Sharepoint, but we've tried using
both QGIS and ESRI products with Google Drive for Desktop and the name
remapping done by GDD in Windows Explorer is not picked up by the file
manager component used by them; so the file names do not appear as expected.

I've run across the same thing with QGIS and the Google Drive - Nautilus
connection in GNOME / Linux and not found a solution.

I suggest you try before you buy.

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.