[Qgis-user] GRASS r.series - ERROR: Unable to load GDAL library

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Sun Jul 17 02:59:23 PDT 2022

> *Chris George*
> /Fri Jul 15 04:10:45 PDT 2022/
> Having a similar problem I discovered that somewhere between 3.22.4 and
> 3.22.8 the version of GDAL used by QGIS (and supplied with it) changed
> from 304 to 305.  Is this your problem?

Hi Chris,
as you wrote, the issue is due precisely to the fact that GRASS is
expecting a gdal304.dll library, while the newer versions of QGIS
installed using the OSGeo4W installers on Windows ship gdal305.dll.

> *Nelson Ribeiro*
> /Fri Jul 15 02:52:21 PDT 2022/
> ERROR: Unable to load GDAL library

Hi Nelson,
I can replicate the same issue using v.sample instead of r.series.

You can workaround the issue just copying the file "gdal305.dll", that
is present in your QGIS installation directory under the \bin\ folder,
with the name "gdal304.dll" in the same folder.

See https://github.com/jef-n/OSGeo4W/pull/10.

Best regards.

Andrea Giudiceandrea