[Qgis-user] graduated symbology classes update

Hugh Kelley hghklly at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 08:53:07 PDT 2022

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has a fix for a minor annoyance.

When using graduated symbology, if I want to change the number of classes
from the default 5 to something else, there's an easy field to update. If
I'm changing it to a double digit number, or changing a double digit number
to a different double digit number, the number of classes is updated as
soon as I make the first key stroke.

for example to turn 10 into 15, QGIS calculates 10 -> 1 -> 15.

I can turn off automatic updating of the map which saves some time, but it
still needs to calculate the class breaks.

Just wondering whether there's a fix I'm not seeing or whether it's worth
logging an issue about.

This is on 3.22.

image of the graduated symbology interface in case it clarifies what I'm
talking about.

thanks
Hugh