[Qgis-user] QGIS for Windows with GSS/Kerberos/Active Directory

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 09:02:30 PST 2023

Tomas and list,

On Fri, Feb 3, 2023 at 8:11 AM Tomas Pospisek via QGIS-User <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> When I try to set up a connection to a Postgres/Postgis DB server with
> Active Directory/Kerberos/GSS authentication the QGIS DB setup dialog
> displays this message:
>
>      gssencmode value "require" invalid when GSSAPI support is not
> compiled in
>
> When I check the Postgres source code [1] I see that apparently this
> gets displayed when GSS support is not compiled in.
>
> So it seems QGIS as shipped by qgis.org does not ship with GSS support?
> Is that correct?
>
> Does anybody use QGIS on Windows with GSS? How did you do it?
>
> I could go ahead and download the EDB Postgres ZIP [3] and exctract
> libpq.dll from it and replace the libqq.dll shipped by the QGIS
> installer with it, but I'm not sure if that would work at all, if that
> would be robust and it'll certainly be a pain to maintain.
>
> Any pointers/suggestions/help?

Maybe this is the proverbial dumb question... but why not install your EDB
PostgreSQL on your windows machine and run it on a different port?  And
then connect to it from your QGIS instance, on that different port of
course?

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.