[Qgis-user] Two LAZ file possible issues iwth some new data we received to processs

Mike Stanton mfstanton at geospan.com
Thu Feb 16 14:41:41 PST 2023

I have LAZ files  for a square mile of the local area where my office is and when it is loaded under QGIS I hit two problems. It is a bit over 2000 files and I seem to have hit a capacity limit where it stops processing the images at about 200 files.  The message being output for the files is "Failed to Calculate Statistics of the Point Cloud of XXXXXXXXXXXX.LAZ".   Breaking it into smaller pieces gets the project around the scale limits of the product because the doing only the rejected files gets me more files processed, but it is not convenient considering I expect to be processing a lot more of these files.

The other problem is that QGIS tells me I don't have a CRS for the images and the image has a field that says "No CRS Found" in the log file and what I have is data in the header that says "COMPD_CS ["Projected", PROJCS "UTM 15N", GEOGCS [WGS84 .... "  but the strings have unpaired square brackets round the relevant text. Is this what may be causing the error to occur?