[Qgis-user] New Day/Night Terminator Algorithm

Emma Hain emma at north-road.com
Tue Sep 19 19:58:57 PDT 2023

Thanks wonderful - looking forward to playing with it!

On Wed, 30 Aug 2023 at 02:21, C Hamilton via QGIS-User <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> I released a new "Day/Night terminator" algorithm as a part of the "Earth,
> Sun, Moon, & Planets" plugin. I was able to get some help to implement the
> algorithm that does the work.
>
> https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/earthsunmoon/
>
> The new algorithm creates vector layers for the day/night terminator line,
> polygon layers associated with sunrise/sunset, civil twilight, nautical
> twilight and astronomical twilight, and the position of the sun directly
> overhead. Since I can't include images, here are some links to images
> representing the plugin's capabilities.
>

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oeT6xtLOBkIp5QN2q2FH2bd94V7XRU2Z/view?usp=drive_link
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E1JDBlQGqE9Wi3qs34jNX5IIaYtT4kxw/view?usp=drive_link
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/148oAwFt7zpL1OChm3GWUq4FtxTckctjr/view?usp=drive_link
>
> The "Day/Night terminator" and "Sun position directly overhead" work as
> is, but the rest of the plugin's capabilities require installing Time Zone
> Finder and Skyfield (pip install timezonefinder skyfield).
>
> Let me know if you encounter any problems.
>
> Thanks,
> Calvin

Emma Hain — Product Manager/Senior GIS Analyst
emma at north-road.com / 0414 512 782
[image: https://north-road.com]
*North Road*
Cartography • Development • Spatial Analysis
*north-road.com* <http://north-road.com>
<https://twitter.com/northroadgeo>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/north-road-studios>
<https://www.facebook.com/North-Road-997236690392419/home>