[Qgis-user] How to convert qml style file from version 3.28.6 to 3.16.14

Richard McDonnell richard.mcdonnell at opw.ie
Mon Jan 8 07:16:31 PST 2024

Hi Jaume,
I'm making the assumption that your styling is saved in the Project File and not as a Style for the Layer itself.
Might I suggest that you create a default style for each layer, this can easily be done by going to the Layer Properties and clicking on the Style button on the bottom Left and selecting Save as Default. This will result in a default style for the Layer so it doesn't matter what version of QGIS you use, or indeed what project you load the layer into, it will use the default style. You can also manually do this, by saving the style with the same name as the dataset.

The same can be done for all layers, Vector or Raster. It will even do it for PostGIS Layers, saving the style in a new table called style in the public schema in your Database.

I hope the above helps.
Kind Regards,

Richard

--
Richard McDonnell MSc GIS, FME Certified Professional
FRM Data Management

--
Oifig na nOibreacha Poibl?
Office of Public Works

Sr?id Jonathan Swift, Baile ?tha Troim, Co na M?, C15 NX36
Jonathan Swift Street, Trim, Co Meath, C15 NX36
--
M +353 87 688 5964 T +353 46 942 2409
https://gov.ie/opw

--