[Qgis-user] MacOS GeoJSON download from Google bucket

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at shikadi.net
Thu Mar 7 23:03:37 PST 2024

> When I use QGIS under Windows and save a vector as a GeoJSON file,
> the uploaded file can be downloaded from the Google bucket as a file. When
> I use QGIS under MacOS, the GeoJSON file opens as a text file, when you
> push the download button in the Google bucket, instead of downloading the
> file.

I think this is probably down to the configuration of the web browser
and/or the operating system.

It's been a while, but you used to be able to configure "helper
applications" in the browser settings that controlled what action
happens when you open certain files.  I guess on one system it has set
up GeoJSON as a text file but you want to change it to a
binary/download instead.

Alternatively when it opens up as a text file you can just save that
(e.g. through the File menu) as it will give you the same result.

Cheers,
Adam.