[QGIS-ZA-user] QGIS User Group - Cape Meeting Agenda

immob19 at gmail.com immob19 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 00:03:26 PDT 2017

I've invited you to fill in the following form:
QGIS User Group - South Africa

To fill it in, visit:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfVtbPwgh6bXe4CXGaueYvOyO1bMLcByaBNcV9rQ8P5-W-gSw/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link

Good Morning Everyone,

Tomorrow we will have our 3rd QGIS User Group meeting in Mowbray/Cape Town
and Gauteng with the following hot topics on the Cape Town agenda (Gauteng
agenda to follow):

09:30 - 10:00 Registration
10:00 - 10:30 Feedback from the previous QGIS UG meetings and general
discussions, including CPD points for attending these meetings
10:30 - 11:15 Technical Talk 1: Nabeel Kariem - An initial comparison of
hydrology tool outputs: ArcGIS 10.2.2 vs QGIS 2.18.8
11:15 - 11:45 Coffee/Tea break
11:45 - 12:30 Technical Talk 2: Frank Sokolic - Demonstration of the QGIS
Atlas function
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
13:30 - 14:30 Technical Talk 3 - Immo Blecher - "Bizarre"
behaviour of QGIS Expressions with MySQL/MariaDB
14:30 - open ending: Questions and Answers around QGIS/FOSSGIS (technical,
how-to's, tricks, tips etc.)

The venues are:

Cape Town: Dept. Rural Development and Land Reform, 19 Rhodes Avenue, Van
der Sterr Building, Mowbray, 7705

Please note that the Pretoria venue has slightly changed to:
Eagles Nest Meeting Room, D Block, 4th floor, Building 43 (Meraka), CSIR
Campus, Pretoria (please bring ID for entrance through the South Gate)

It is still not too late to register for any of the meetings. Gerhard Brits
will send out the final agenda for the Gauteng meeting in due course.

Regards and see you all tomorrow.
Immo Blecher

Google Forms: Create and analyse surveys.