[SeasonOfDocs] The Good Docs Project status meeting 21 August 2019

Erin McKean emckean at google.com
Wed Aug 21 10:21:50 PDT 2019

Hi folks! So sorry to miss the meeting!

Quick update from my end:

* met with the designer to talk through Doctopus logo options. Should have
something in ~two weeks
* my legal meeting was rescheduled to Friday, will send update after that

I am OOO at an offsite event next Tuesday, I have sent the meeting
invitation and will do my best to attend!

Thanks again!

Erin

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 4:00 PM Felicity Brand <felicitybrand at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Notes from today's meeting. Let me know if I captured something
> incorrectly.
>

> Attendees: Cameron, Clarence, Felicity
>

> Licensing/Probot/DCO
>
> No updates.
>
> We want to keep it simple. We don't want barriers to contributing.
>
> Clarence talked through his 'How to contribute' document. Let's review it,
> make it live and start using it. By end of weekend and back into GitHub by
> next meeting.
>
> Action: Cameron to reply to Clarence on the email thread.
>

> Email list
>
> Jo - No update. Need to be publicly visible and archive-able. Needing to
> be a GitHub member to contribute might reduce the amount of spam which is a
> good thing.
>

> Logo update
>
> Erin - No update
>

> Decision log wiki page
>
> We looked at the page during the call. We plan to go with the table format
> - if anyone has any objections, speak up.
>
> *Action*: Cameron to add the existing decisions to table format by the
> end of this weekend.
>

> Docsy
>
> Erin - No update
>

> Style guide/dictionary?
> Action: Clarence please capture this brief discussion to wrap it up and
> unless anyone objects, we'll go with Google Style guide and put it in place
> now.
>
> We'll need to link to it from the Contributors guide.
>

> Templates
>
> There may be many use cases for our templates - for example, documenting
> an API or a desktop app, and then there is domain specificity.  We don't
> want to bloat our repo with a whole lot of different flavor templates.
>
> We can incorporate our instructional text within the document, with a
> view to our text being replaced by the template user. We may end up with
> a lot of text in our templates but as a user, it's much easier to ignore
> what you don't need.
>
> Action: Felicity create Google doc version 0.1 of Quick Start template
> for us to start building on.

Erin McKean | Developer Relations Program Manager, Open Source Strategy |
emckean at google.com | she/her