[Ubuntu] gdal 1.9 with FileGDB API

Seb R seb44550 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 01:39:31 PDT 2012

Hi,

Thank you for the release of qgis for Precise.
I have a question about the FileGDB API.
Few month ago, I compiled myself gdal 1.9 to allow reading ARCGIS
Geodatabase. It worked well.
However, I cleaned up my laptop of all the dev packages I had to install to
compile gdal and qgis.
I prefer having a clean installation of qgis that update "alone" each time
there is a new release or correction thanks to your UbuntuGIS ppa...
Well, would it be possible for you to compile gdal with fgbd in a way it
can read the FileGDB API file proposed by ArcGIS saved in the proper folder.
Except if it is possible to include it in the .deb but I am not sure it is.

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/FileGDB

Seb.