[Ubuntu] A new QGIS 2.0

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Feb 17 14:19:26 PST 2014

On 02/17/2014 01:24 PM, Randal Hale wrote:
> I was wondering if it would be possible (I know there's been a lot of
> talk about the repositories) to get a new(er) version of QGIS 2.0.
> There's a bug with spatialite (takes minutes to build a database) and
> you don't get that with the QGIS repos...but QGIS is compiled against
> gdal 1.7.3 and I would really like to keep 1.10. Sorry for asking - I
> should be trying to compile my own but that always seems to end not great.
>
> I know QGIS 2.2 is coming out shortly - but it would be pretty cool if
> this could be updated.
>
> Randy

Short answer is no, reason is that the ppa contains released versions of
QGIS. There is no official release greater than 2.0.1

When 2.2 comes out it will make it's way into unstable and likely 2.0.x
will get moved down to stable.

Now if you look at the qgis.org download page this is probably what you
want "QGIS testing via ubuntugis", "...nightly builds that depend on
updated dependencies found in ubuntugis."
http://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#id2

Thanks,
Alex