[intl-discuss] OSGeo for Non Profit Org

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 16:46:06 EDT 2009

Tyler,
My understanding is that Meruvian is an organisation dedicated to
training software developers, with a strong emphasis on Open Source. It
doesn't have a specific package that he is looking for.

What OSGeo provides is:
1. Charter members (limited number of individuals who are voted in
annually, based on merit)

2. General members. I'm not sure if this is an official role. Anyone can
call them self a member, and you gain respect from the community by
helping and being recognised.

3. Board, elected by the charter members.

4. Supporting organisations. Organisations which are listed as
supporting some of the OSGeo packages. Any organisation can add them
self to this list.

5. Sponsor. Organisations which sponsor OSGeo.

I think 4. or 5. would be the closest category for what you are looking for