[OSGeo Africa] Introduction to GIS information

William Kinghorn williamk at dut.ac.za
Mon Nov 10 05:59:28 EST 2008

Hi Rick,

There is a lady that I me at FOSS4G2008, her name is Lorraine Innes, I
think she is the

I am not wanting to compete with her, I want GIS material.

I think that I am going to use the scorm downloads from GITTA (
http://www.gitta.info ).

I have downloaded the scorm zip files a little while ago, I have
installed Moodle ( online learning software from moodle.org ), imported
some of the courses into Moodle, the docs look good, now going to try
see if I can use it for my needs.

>From the GITTA site "The release of the first GITTA lessons as open
content under the term creative commons license  has started in February
2006."

So my docs will have to be the same licence as the GITTA material, if I
use this.

Thanks for your reply
William

>>> RickK at TSHWANE.GOV.ZA 11/10/08 11:00 AM >>>
Hi, maybe you could speak to a lady in the Geography Department at the
University of Pretoria. She has developed a paper base GIS based on
geography principals. Unfortunately I can't recall her name.

Kind regards

Rick Krogh