[OSGeo Africa] Native reserves/locations as originally proclaimed in the Native Land Act of 1913 and later

Peter Newmarch newmarch at land-surveyors.com
Mon Apr 8 05:04:37 PDT 2013

I believe that this is possible.

I was once told about a certain book called the Government "Blue" or
"Red" book which was the documentation about all the apartheid era land
transactions - how many whites, blacks, Indians moved / relocated /
forced etc.. etc.. - property descriptions, notice numbers etc.. etc...
- now, while of a different era 1950's 1960's it will have the areas
prior to that 1913 - it will either expand the 1913 areas or abolish
them. - so it would be possible to work backwards from this book.

The problem is, my source was aware of only 3 such books being in
existence - two have already been lost apparently. I have not had the
time to track down the last copy. But I will give this information to
Aslam who may have better contacts than me in getting a copy of it.

Regards

Peter

Peter Newmarch
Professional Land Surveyor