[OSGeo Africa] FOSS vs ESRI and other GIS issues

Tlaki Shapo TlakiS at emfuleni.gov.za
Wed Jun 5 06:04:20 PDT 2013

Hi All

If we keep on getting confused about FOSS or proprietary software, what is the NSIF Directorate doing, since I am under the impression that they are tasked to co-ordinate GIS functions within South Africa.

Matlakala Shapo
GIS Officer
Land Use Management
Emfuleni Local Municipality
Tel: 016 950 5629
Fax: 086 269 5035
Web: www.emfuleni.gov.za
E-mail: TlakiS at emfuleni.gov.za

A man with one watch knows what time is it, but the one with two is never quite sure.
>>> Chris Berens <chris at mapland.co.za> 6/5/2013 2:52 PM >>>
Spot on Gerhard.