[Aust-NZ] GeoFOSS advocacy

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Sat Sep 15 03:37:41 EDT 2007

One of the results of the Open Source talk I did at GITA in Brisbane (on
behalf of Cameron Shorter...) recently was a number of proprietary
vendors indicating a desire to "debate" the merits of open source v
proprietary software (though I think they meant "contain" rather than
debate...)

I've discussed the possibility of taking them up on this with a few
people, and the idea has arisen of having a public forum (on our terms)
on the issue, possibly hosted by an independent non-vendor organisation.
Anyone have any strong opinions on this or want to get involved in
getting something like this going?

Regards,
Tim.