[Belgium] procedure for official creation of asbl/vzw: proposed bylaws

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Thu Jul 2 08:17:57 PDT 2015

Moritz,

> - Where should we localize the association ?
If you live in Brussels, then your home address is a good option.
I still wait for an alternative, as I asked Gael offline if there is a
possibility we use the address of IBGE as the main seat.

I suggest to also accept moral persons. At the Flemish association for
GIS (Flagis)[1] where I am the secratary, we have sponsor members,
'moral persons' members and physical person members. 3 different member
fees: 750/Year, 250/Year, 20 /Year).

For OSGeo, I am still in favor to provide *free* membership, as there is
a discussion on the [discuss] mailing list [2]. They even pointed to our
initiative for the problem of membership fees:

"
Regarding changing from an open OSGeo membership (nothing at the
moment), to charging a membership fee, I am in fact for continuing as an
open/free organization.  I do however see some issues with our old
bylaws, and Arnulf mentioned our USA-based status, and there has been
recent talk again of a registered satellite organization such as through
an OSGeo Europe.  (this will likely be discussed more in Como)
"

So I agree to mimic the rules that apply for OSGeo.

Dirk

[1] https://www.linkedin.com/pub/flagis-vzw/85/517/32b
[2] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2015-July/014419.html

Yours sincerely,