[Belgium] calls for papers and sponsors and web site [was: Re: Board press release: OSGeo-BE is an official local chapter - FINAL]

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Jun 26 07:05:47 PDT 2015

On 25/06/15 17:26, Ben Abelshausen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are moving to jekyll on github. Static page generation and markdown
> editing but it also means no hosting custom only a domain:
>
> http://osmbe.github.io/en/ => our new website, work in progress.
> http://stateofthemap.us/ => also a jekyll website.
>
> The entire flow of pull-requests, issues and so on makes contributions
> and editing very very easy.

Thank you for the hint ! This is definitively an interesting path. I
imagine you still need to invest some time in the layouting and general
conception of the site. The editing of the content is just part of the
story.

We also have to ask ourselves if we want to put into place one server
and system in which we will have both foss4g.be and osgeo.be (or
similar), i.e. should the same site be the OSGeo-be site and contain
FOSS4G-be pages, or should the two be separate site or should OSGeo-be
remain on the OSGeo wiki ?

Moritz