[Belgium] OSGeo track at Begeo, 19/3

Oliver May oliver.may at geosparc.com
Mon Feb 4 05:27:44 PST 2019

Hi Moritz,

I can do a presentation about the tracing algorithm that we developed for
the flemish environmental agency. The project is part of an european
project, and will be published as open source project.

kind regards,

Oliver

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 2:14 PM Jo <winfixit at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can do an OSM-talk, but not sure what you expect from it. General
> introduction to JOSM in fifteen minutes? Showcase the PT_Assistant plugin,
> I mentored during the past 3 GSoCs? That would come 'naturally'.
>
> Or should it be a lot more general than that? I feel far less capable of
> giving a general talk about OSM...
>
> Jo (Polyglot)
>
> On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 1:57 PM Moritz Lennert <
> mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
>
>> No one ?
>>
>> It would be good if we had someone from business. And what about OSM,
>> any volunteers ?
>>
>> Moritz
>>
>> On 24/01/19 15:22, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>> > Dear all,
>> >
>> > We will have a 1h15 track at Begeo. This represents half a track, the
>> > other half being reserved for the Polivisu project.
>> >
>> > As discussed at our New Year's meeting, I would suggest a programme for
>> > our track that highlights specific usage of foss4g in different societal
>> > sectors: business, administration and academia. So, I think we should
>> > have 3 talks, each of about 15 minutes. I would then suggest a fourth
>> > talk about open data. This could possibly be an OSM talk if someone from
>> > the OSM community is available. Another option for the fourth talk would
>> > be a general introduction of OSGeo, including OSGeo-Live style overview
>> > of the different solutions available under the umbrella of the
>> foundation.
>> >
>> > Who would be willing to give one of these talks ? Gaƫl has signalled
>> > that he could present something about the use of foss4g in
>> > administrations. I would present the academic and teaching perspective.
>> > But both of us are more than willing to leave the slot to someone else
>> > if interested.
>> >
>> > Please let me know ASAP, as Begeo needs our programme fairly soon.
>> >
>> > As a reminder: Begeo will take place on March 19 at Brussels Expo. Our
>> > track will be either just before, or just after the lunch break.
>> >
>> > Moritz

*Oliver May*

Support manager -- geospatial architect

*I'm unavailable every Thursday*