[Benchmarking] Styling tiger_tracs

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Thu Sep 3 10:17:01 EDT 2009

Smith, Michael ERDC-USACE-NH ha scritto:
> Andrea,
>
> How about a semitransparent fill? That is the kind of style commonly used
> for these kind of administrative bounds.
>
> Something like a 30% fill?

We could do it... actually I think it's common only if you have a raster
backdrop. If you just want to make a color lighter using transparency
is a bad idea, it hinders performance as it requires alpha processing
(I've seen this in practice more than one time, having people use
transparency as a way to make color lighter instead of just making
a solid lighter color).

Cheers
Andrea

--