[Benchmarking] library benchmarks in benchmarks

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Feb 19 17:45:29 EST 2010

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Barend,
>
> I don't have any objection to this being hosted in it's own subdirectory
> of the foss4g/benchmarking area as long as it isn't terribly large.  But
> it seems quite a distinct activity from the existing "web mapping"
> shootout.  I'm not convinced it would end up in the same presentation.

Frank,

Perhaps it's a little misunderstanding.
We do not aim to include the geometry performance results in any
presentation. We've just asked for hosting of this package.
The point is that the geometry performance package is supposed to be
project independent, as objective as possible, ideally if it other
developers could participate to improved it, and so on.
IMHO, OSGeo Community is best candidate to host this initiative,
unless there is a clear objection. Is there?

Best regards,