[Benchmarking] benchmarking jmeter template files and plotting results

Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH Michael.Smith at usace.army.mil
Sat Sep 3 17:02:05 EDT 2011

All,

I've updated the templates Dane put together slightly to work with the
plotting tool I adapted from
http://www.metaltoad.com/blog/plotting-your-load-test-jmeter to meet out
needs.

I had to change the HTTP Request name from the thread count to a constant
value.

The plotter will generate nice output from Jmeter runs. The data from
meter is saved to the file system under the Summary Report, Write Results
to File. Enter the filename and make your runs. Note that you will want to
delete and start writing the file over after your "warm-up" runs.

You generate plot output by calling the plotter python script and passing
your results txt file.

Example:

/opt/scripts/2011/jmeter/charts/plotter.py
jmeter_summary_vector-3857-windows-cgi_5runs.txt

A png file will then be created in your current working directory like the
attached.

I'll add this information to the Wiki as well.

I've also attached the plot script in case people want to work with the
data locally. The script requires matplotlib and numpy to be installed.

Mike