[OSGeo-Board] Re: [Fundraising] Re: [OSGeo-Board] Re: [Fundraising] Re: [OSGeo-Board] Re: [Fundraising] RE: [OSGeo-Board] German OSGeo Chapter formation, bank account

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Mon Aug 21 14:34:46 PDT 2006

(wow, what happened to the subject line? ick.)

I'm all in favor of bottom-up creation of chapters ("grass-roots", to
use the US term) -- but I recognize that sometimes a bit of an incentive
is required to get things started.  Hypothetically speaking, I'd be okay
if Autodesk pushed or somehow influenced the creation of the Chinese
chapter (within reason).  Once started up, if the local members aren't
being productive then the board can take action.

An interesting a question to ask would be this: should local groups be
(1) welcomed into the fold right away or (1) be "incubated" for some
period of time, like code projects, so as to make sure they are "viable"
and "healthy" organizations?  (Maybe this issue has been discussed
elsewhere already, I don't know.)

Aside to Arnulf: feel free to keep on being a pain :-)  A healthy
diversity of opinions is all to the good.

-mpg