OSGeo-Board Local Chapters, Translation, etc

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Feb 14 08:38:42 PST 2006

Daniel Brookshier wrote:
> I think it is a great idea. I would not put this into the board project.
> We can put it at the root because it is a foundation level activity. So
> international-discuss at osgeo.org or we can create a project called
> translations so the list would be
> international-discuss at translations.osgeo.org and you will have a project
> with a subversion  repository to version documents.

Daniel,

Ah, I think I was a bit confused about the board.osgeo.org project.  I had
originally expected the board mailing list to be board at osgeo.org and when it
wasn't I thought perhaps there was a technical problem with that.

My feeling would be that "international-discuss" would be an @osgeo.org
address then.  It might well recommend forming a "translation" project,
but I don't necessary want to pre-ordain that yet.