Visibilitiy Committee

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Tue Feb 28 01:44:55 PST 2006

Hi all,
this is an invitation to join the Visibility committee. (I didn't even
know that I have an email adress at osgeo, so I don't know whether
anybody is going to receive this email... :-)

Hi board,
after this initial message you will not hear from this Committee
directly except for the monthly report or if we run into trouble. If you
want to keep track join the mailing list.

Tyler, Markus,
both of you were proposed as potential members of this project, and I
already put you on the list without even having asked you. Please give a
thumbs up that you are willing to put in some effort.

As soon as we have a set of things to do we can enlarge this team and I
guess we then should also request for contributions from others and
non-members. (As soon as we implement the 'friend-of' or 'associate'
member category this will be standard practice.)

I suggest that we all start by subscribing to the dev list.

All further discussion should probably take place there.

Daniel,
is this list public or closed? I think it should not be public, except
for the announce list which could be used to push press releases once
they have been committed by the web committee. The WebCommittee will be
very central to whatever we do here.

Maybe it will be possible to get an introduction on how to make use of
the infrastructure. You suggested that there are some presentations or
documents or that you could give us a tour through the system on
telephone. If all of us can Skype this could be done any time soon.

Best regards,
Arnulf.