[OSGeo-Board] FW: shirt logos

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 26 09:13:06 PDT 2006

I think it is common sense to add the trademark symbol to let the
world know that: we have this specific logo, it is important to us
and that it specifically represents our organisation.  Does it have
to mean anything more than that?  From a layman's perspective, it
shows we care about our logo and don't want it misused.  Regardless
of whether we ever pursue litigation or copyright registration, it
shows we are taking it seriously (and I hope we do see our logo as
important).  I don't see how this reflects negatively on our
organisation's openness at all.  It's more about how we act or
respond to related issues that defines who we are, not the act of
adding (TM) to our logo.

Tyler