Cost of trademarking "OSGeo" - Board to decide go/no go

Peter Moran peter.moran at autodesk.com
Thu Jun 8 11:05:37 PDT 2006

There has been discussion about the foundation trademarking "OSGeo" and
"Open Source Geospatial Foundation".  Our legal resource reports that
the cost to file an application for a trademark is a minimum of
$1100-1500.

The board needs to decide direction here and provide funding if needed.
This can be a topic of discussion on Sunday/Monday.

Peter