[OSGeo-Board] Gordon Luckett's Membership

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 2 08:11:31 PST 2006

Gary Lang wrote:
> Maybe I missed something. I voted for him. We can take him out.
>
> He's an active MapGuide developer who is actively interested in working
> with MGE. We now have 2 members from the MG community. If it's important
> to remove 1 and reduce it to 1, that's fine.

Gary,

The problem isn't that he is from the mapguide community.  The problem is
that he wasn't in the nomination list.  This raises the question of
whether votes for folks not on the nomination list are allowed.

I am ok with allowing them, but I wish I hadn't been blindsided by the issue.
But we (as a board) need to decide.  If you were all 5 votes for him,
then we could drop him based on your decision.

I also don't mind if we as a board agree that write-in's were ok.

best regards,