[Board] letter of support protocol

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jan 9 13:52:54 PST 2007

Chris Holmes wrote:
> 'After this 3-day review period the OSGeo board will discuss the request
> at their next scheduled meeting'
>
> That could be as long as a month away, which often wouldn't be quick
> enough.  I wonder if there might be a more efficient way to handle it?
> Or I guess at least mention the option that the board can decide on email?

Chris,

We can always decide something by email, but it takes all directors to
explicitly agree to pass a valid board motion this way.  That isn't always
easy to get done quickly, but feel free to ammend the "process" to indicate
that possibility if you want.

If the matter was urgent we might also accelerate having a meeting.  I
don't mind having more frequent meetings, but I don't want to try to
assemble a quorum without meaningful work that needs to be accomplished.